Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saving Sherwin

Getting along with me isn't as easy as it seems. It's like heading througha violent storm, it's like entering the gates of hell and i personifies the modern evil, gutsy and annoying in my own little ways. Why would you hate to love someone like me for a friend? Let me count the reasons: i dont maintain many friends, sadly some have to be forgotten. I hate being followed, i hate being texted, i hate being called. I dont like it when people ask me how i am. I dont like it when people pay me a visit. I hate being surprised.

All my friends are circumstancial, though i still got to choose them. We could be classmates but not friends, we could be officemated but not friends, we could be housmated but not friends. Not all can please me in the same manner that i cannot please everyone. I have been hurt and rejected many times before. We couldn't be friends to all but we could always be good and civil.

I culd never win a congeniality award, maybe a tupperware award instead. Sometimes, in my ardent desire to be good and amibale to everyone, i bought myslef a stuffed shirt so that i could just reach out and try. But friendship isnt something that we are forced to do. The best relationships are those that happened without formal introduction, without a grand prelude, something that just happen like that (snap a finger). Eventually, only the strongly founded will survive, only the genuine will withstand the test of time and distance.

Lucky me for having found people who understands me beyond my constant mood swings, my notorious attitude problem, the crazy ideas and for everything that i am. I hate being judged. Acceptance and appreciation without question surely will make an impression on my very discriminating ego.

2 comments:

AJ of Sharjah,  June 24, 2008 at 1:42 AM  

"Let me count the reasons: i dont maintain many friends, sadly some have to be forgotten. I hate being followed, i hate being texted, i hate being called. I dont like it when people ask me how i am. I dont like it when people pay me a visit. I hate being surprised".

in as much as im partlyhurt, i am challenged to understand and appreciate the special things in you, well, thanks for sharing me your site, i hope more will get to read u here..

anyplans on building a link roll? or a chatbox at least? sayang naman kase ..

i use to be like you till i mellow, and unearthed that
life would be more meaningful if being shared..

there'll surely be a consequence if you do so, yet that's the spice of it..

AJ of SHJ,  June 24, 2008 at 1:44 AM  

ps: good to see you having goodtime with ur fellow in the photos..

btw,
josh_dubai@hotmail.com
ezseph@yahoo.com (ym) in case.

i supposed the naughty me is blogging too.