Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Same Old Brand New

I have been away for six months in a completely different environment, the people, the place, the work and the culture. Now that i came back, i could see that nothing much have changed since my abrupt diaspora. My critical mind is asking, where have all the six months gone? Whipped in the air. Surprised me, six months is such a very short period and i barely even noticed.

On the road frequently travelled, i could see a few things along Edsa. There's the new mall atop the MRT depot right at the corner of North Avenue. Opposite of that complex, the Annex buildings of SM North Edsa have been demolished to give way for the construction of a new shopping complex. In Munoz, the PLDT Business Center has been relocated and the construction of new Waltermart Mall is underway. Aside from that, Edsa has remained the wide but skimpy avenue that i used to track nightly way back when i was still working in Ortigas.

On a more patriotic note, government and politics has remained muddy and circus like. Public servants have yet to clear their image as they continue to ne involved in controversial issues of plunder, corruptions, bribery, scams, etc. There is not that much credibility to lose anyway, for it has been already stained long before. Economy is doing great i suppose, there's still plenty of jobs well at least for someone like me. The peso is constantly appreciating and it is only now that i realized how unfavorable it is for OFW's like me.

In the extended family circle, the supposed coherence is slowly being eroded by jealousy and selfishness. Well, not so new actually coz we have always been disunited. My Aunts and Uncles have always find it difficult understanding and loving each other. Truly sometimes, partakings of inheritance also takes away family relationships. In my immediate family, no new significant developments have happened except that my niece has grown up so fast from just being a baby shes now a cute little girl who doesnt seem to recognize me. Still nobody in the family has tried to find new ways of creating livelihood. Sad to say, they have become more complacent and dependent for support. If there's one thing that needs to be done, its the pressure on me to get a job to keep us all alive.

On a more personal note, i thought being away for six months would do me good but i was wrong. I thought id changed but to no avail. It just makes me missed more the things i used to do. Spending time alone and waiting for a miracle to happen. Staring at the sky and hoping there's a treasure chest at the end of the rainbow. Laid back and still hesitant to go for job interviews. Too little patience and easily giving up. Always wanting but refuse to give in. Seeking company but always uninvited. I know during these times i could not afford to be like this cause i am walking in thin nice, but blame it on time, it came without warning and could never be stopped.

0 comments: