Friday, August 3, 2007

Once Upon A Time: Things U Dnt Wanna Know

There are things we did that we just want as secrets or at least its dissemination to be kept at its minimal. But why? Either because its not worth reminiscing or its memories keep reminding us about our stupidity and insensitiveness. But who does care anyway? Its water under the OCEAN and i'm telling it:

HUNGER STRIKER. When i was younger, i had this odd trait of not eating for days whenever i was sermoned or lectured by my parents. I just locked up myself in the room, hide under the blanket and wished i would just disappeared and be somewhere. During those moments, i was not amenable to anything, a blatant display of pride at young age. I was in solace and untimely fasting. At night, when everyone else's sleeping, i would carefully sneak into the kitchen and take little bites of everything there is in the table. Then i would go back to my self proclaimed assylum until the day i could not take it anymore. I'll go back to the table with them like nothing has ever happen.

URGE UNDER THE TREE. I was once jailed temporarily (lasting for about 20 minutes) for misbehaving badly or should i say for doing something unscrupulous in a public place. I wont take the chance to elaborate for fear of ignominy. Enough said, i have my lessons. I paid 300 bucks just to appease the arresting officers, the same amount i would have paid, had i waited a little and checked it in.

THE TALENTED MR SUNSHINE.I once hosted a local beauty pageant as part of our barangay fiesta celebration, this to the delight of the barangay people. I came onstage in suit and speaking in English, in a manner they have never seen me before, a complete opposite of the perception they always had for me. The next day, it was my mother's turn to receive all the compliments. Saying, They never knew she has a son like that, re-telling to her, the jokes i cracked and the wit i racked. She was told, she has a son, a television host in the making!

MOVIE ADDICT. If there's one fixation i have, it frequenting the mall and going to the movies. Its a known fact about me, but what's little known is that sometimes i watch a movie 5 times in completely 5 succeeding days and its the same movie! My purpose, well, aside from having too much to spend, i like the feeling, the feeling of watching, waiting, wanting, wasting and what else? Ooops, my lips are sealed sometimes, ask Paul.


HIGH IN BAGUIO. 1997 marked the first time i went to Baguio. But i reached the high the hard way. I was supposed to be part of the school's delegation to a spiritual renewal like seminar. On the day of assembly, i failed to organize myself on time and so there, i was left by the bus. But being the eager person that i am, i still packed my things, went to Tarlac and from there i took another bus en route to Baguio. I arrived in the Summer Capital with no knowledge of where the seminar would be held. Alas! I took a cab abnd i have an instant tour of Baguio City at the expense of my pocket money. WIth some stroke of luck, i saw some familiar face along the way so much so that i reached the camp to the delight of my classmates.

0 comments: