Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to Blue

Ramadan is over. As the most celebrated month of the Islamic calendar folded up, everything now is back to normal, everyone is back to work and I am back to blue. Gone were the days for daytime dreaming and midnight jaunt. For one month that our office hours have been reduced by a third, I felt like a caged bird that was freed for a moment, hanging around and searching for salvation. For one month that I have not taken any breakfast or lunch, I trimmed down some weight without a conscious diet. For one month, I have communed with my inner self and enjoyed the things that truly made myself happy, that kind of happiness that emanates from within, without price and without company.

With barely a month left to spend in the office, glad my supervisor has taken his annual vacation, my remaining days can prove to be more useful than sorry. What lies head is still something that I haven’t figure out. Just hope my qualifications work better for me this time. My current job is tolerable, but my supervisor makes it unbearable. In this land of opportunities, I always get the best jobs, sadly I always end up with someone who doesn’t want to see me happy.

I will start to watch time as it moves at each second of it. Once in a
while, I will take a glimpse at stillness hoping it will run as fast as a raging stallion. Oh time! why couldn't you just leave and comes back when darkness has enveloped the entirety. So that I wont' have to carry a cross of just having too much time to do nothing at an undesirable place and with terribly undesirable people.

I am trying and I have tried hard enough. It just wouldn't fit. Either it's too loose or too tight.

4 comments:

Myk2ts October 5, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

back to work :p just look at bright side of being busy :)

chico,  October 5, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

sana nga ganun kadaling gawin. namimiss ko na pinas...lalo na sa gabi.

RJ October 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Work is work... Sometimes it really gets tough working with different types of personalities.

I always bear in mind what my previous boss had told me, "At the end of the day, relationship is still very important." It is a very good reminder, what he said has been working for me since then.

Lance October 5, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

wow, at least you get to have a disciplined diet..hehehe
wish there is no more war in Mindanao..

hope to xlinks with you bro.. thanks