Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This Imperfect World

What makes the world perfect is accepting and loving somebody else’s imperfections perfectly. Gulay! I almost bled my nose and ears trying to discern what this perfectly phrased set of words truly means. All I know is that nobody is perfect and if you thinking of someday finding the perfect partner, the perfect job, the perfect family or your own perfect life, chances are, you’ll probably lose your entire age trying to pass the time for something that doesn’t exist.

Before, I used to complain a lot when my expectation for something or someone failed to live up. I thought everyone is like me. I dismiss the fact that everyone is unique and as such, not everybody could please me in the same manner that I couldn’t please all. It is not fair to think that other people will think in the same direction that we do, to assume that other people will take all the same food that we eat and to deem people to behave accordingly to what we have in mind.

The imperfections in our surroundings make this world perfect and what make us humans. Imagine not having any bully, bragging or irreverent house mates, or not having any silly or smelly Indians in your office, or not having too much empty pockets in your wallet, it would be so much of a bore not to have at least any one of that. To live in full satisfaction, without any discomfort and free from any anxiety, stress or obligation, is oh yes desirable but somehow bothering because you might be the only one in this world having that kind of luxury.


Now I begin to understand and respect such inequities. For sure, though not known to me, a lot of people also do feel displease and uncomfortable with my actions and reactions. So I should feel for them. It is inevitable and it is part of life. We all have imperfections and we just need to bear with each other’s flaws.

0 comments: