Monday, September 29, 2008

Harmful Imperfections

Last night, I was talking to a friend and he asked about what’s the latest about me, I told him I have no friends here in Dubai, that I have difficulty tolerating my job and that I am feeling homesick again. He wasn’t surprised anymore hearing those things from me. All he said was “isip bata ka talaga”. Then I defended myself by saying “wala naman perpekto, lahat may kapintasan”. To that part he seconded, but his succeeding words are just too honest and painful to bear, “oo nga, pero yung imperfections mo iba, nakakasakit ng tao”. Then I was guilty in silence.

There are people on earth, much celebrated than me, who also have imperfections, but theirs are negligible and never overshadow their talents and the redeeming side of their character. Take for example our huge “stars”, Sharon Cuneta maybe well in singing and acting, but she isn’t a good dancer adding more are her imperfect pair of legs. Vilma Santos is such an idol in when it comes to the dance floor and acting as well, but her voice is terribly annoying. Nora Aunor, one of the country’s best actresses is also a prolific singer, but I’ve never seen her dance and hope to never see her do.

Even these people have imperfections, but they have never allowed their limitations to outshine what they do best. People are just so forgiving especially if they know that you’re trying your best to please them despite your inherent limitations. But imperfections of attitude, which can’t be said to be natural, is a ball to swallow. If habits and moods bear inequity and do more than just satisfying oneself but inflicting hurt and pains to others, it leaves an imprint that is difficult to erase even if you are the most talented or the most brilliant person on earth.

We all have flaws. To love someone unconditionally is to embrace his imperfections together with all his might. That’s love in its perfect sense. But when it blows out of proportion, acceptance of someone else’s imperfection shouldn’t be kept in the heart, when it has crossed beyond the boundary of what’s right and wrong, it is better jarred or jailed.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Uulitin ko lng comment ko. I totally agree with your friend. More often than not, ang mga imperfections mo nakakasakit na nang ibang tao. Kung ako yung friend mo na yun sasabihan pa kita na...Grow up! hehe..peace. :-)
But your blog is definitely the most perfect 'imperfections' mo..super taas ang kamay ko isama mo na pati paa..hehe...

urbanguru October 1, 2008 at 4:41 AM  

you write well mr. president!

=D