Friday, September 26, 2008

Finding the Right Place

Been looking for it a long time ago. Seems so elusive. I have been to seven companies before and not one of them, did make me feel that I truly belonged. What’s worst? Two of them I have only lasted one day and I said goodbye. It may not be giving me any good records but rather lose some credibility than lose my mind uncomfortable with my work place.

Then you might wonder why I have lasted for more than six years with San Miguel Corporation. Well, it was a painful task sacrificing your personal joys for the necessity to earn a living. I was just starting to build a strong professional foundation back then, and having SMC for a company, I thought was one of the nest way to do it despite the fact that other companies offer a much higher compensation. More so, the environment at SMC, as compared to the other companies that I have worked with, was more tolerant and permissive. And location wise, it is just a stone throw away from SM Megamall.

Then I retired half a millionaire, not just for the money though but really I was getting uninterested with doing my repetitive jobs anymore. Said I had enough. Then from Philippines, I went to Dubai, then back to the Philippines then back again to Dubai. I was looking for something. I was seeking for some place where I could call my second home, where the hours spent isn’t just hours paid but hours enjoyed and where the people will take me for what I am and the work will dictates more of talent than forced intellectual engagements.

Can I be any happier with numbers? That I can try. But that genuine environment that I have long wished for, I don’t think it’s anywhere near from where I am standing now, I just hope and pray it will come in due time.

1 comments:

jhuice,  September 27, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

it will surely come in due time.. manalig ka.. malapit na!!! hehe!