Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Happy Birthday

How time flies! Only yesterday i was just learning the alphabet and memorizing the periodic table along side the generations of pharaohs that ruled ancient Egypt. Now i have just turned thirty. Grrrrr...where have all the thirty years gone? Ah, don't ask and ruin my day. when i was younger, lutang na daw pagiging bwisit ko.. hmmmp

Today is my big day and as my statistics fade away from the pages of the calendar, i threw away my grandest (kapal! grandest daw oh? hahaha) birthday party (party daw oh? chura!) ever! Why not? The events spanned half the globe with my dearly friends in the Philippines also celebrating with me in this special occassion that marks my prelude to this thing called life.
I really didn't want to celebrate, but a conspiracy was asking for it. I got my first pay check days before, it's a weekend, i've got newfound friends and a handful of other reasons for thanksgiving. With all that, who wouldn't give in?

-0-
So Wednesday, i invited Joan and Izza and we have a delicious diner at Chillis in Al Ghurair Mall. It was just my second time there and i really liked the food choices, spicy and tasty.




-0-

Thursday, i treated my Pinoy officemates to a lunch at the FoodCourt of Dubai Airport Freezone. Later in the afternoon, i ordered nine boxes of pizza for all the office staff.

-0-

Friday morning, i went to the supermarket and back home the preparation never took rest, everyone's peeling, cutting, dicing, marinating and getting all the materials and ingridients ready for mixing..

-0-

Before dark, everything's ready...

-0-

Minutes later, the visitors arrived, time for a sumptuous home cooked Pinoy handaan...

-0-

After midnight, i lay myself to rest, after an eventful day which happened to be my birthday..

-0-

Just when you thought t's over and done, well it's not. My friends in the Philippines, that is, my officemates in San Miguel Corporation also had their take out lunch in celebration of my special day.


2 comments:

AJ July 14, 2008 at 3:30 AM  

may you have more of this to come!

I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life and ur celeb..and I jst hope makasama ulit ako nxt year..

i njoyed, too ur entry for this, and ur new template..di halata sa mga shots mo na stressd ka sa preparation..talented pati sa pagluluto..ty sa take out and generosity ha..binaon ko pa nga the next day..

:)

jhu,  July 17, 2008 at 3:17 AM  

sherwin!!! i am happy to see your HAPPY pictures.. stay happy ok?!

you deserve to be happy...