Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ladies Choice

I am a Mama's boy, I admit. i rush to her side for everything that i need, when i was going to school, when i am sick, when i am hungry, when i arrived from work. Mother fixed everything for my comfort and convenience. I've been a mother's son and that's how it started.

I have a countenance of probable mischief and an attitude no one would ever loved. As far is work is concerned, you cant complain anything about me. Aside from that, well I am one hell of a sarcastic, self serving, conceited and stubborn guy. Not to be compared with anyone. I am no prince cursed into some hideous beasts just waiting for true love to knock off the spell. I was born like this and this way i will stay. I have shielded myself from the harsh reality of how cruel this world can be. I have guarded myself from getting to much hurt.

So i live alone, far from friends and associations. Just when i thought i could stay closed that way, people begun to explore and get fascinated by my mystery and uniqueness. The more i try to hide, the more they try to dig me up. I am not talking about male friends here, but girls. There seems to be something in me that isn't with the other guys, something that drives their enthusiasms, something that makes them feel so home and so happy. Something that i don't know myself.

I have no male friends cause i have never felt the need to have one, same for female friends. I am a snobbish to the highest level yet could be rewarded the congeniality award once in a while. That once in a while when i level myself with others and people take advantage of it, ladies especially. I have been taken advantaged of many times, while i was in my weakest and i just couldn't say no. So the list of female friends goes on and on, loving for what i am and hating me for what i am not.

back in college, i enjoyed most of my time freaking alone when a group of girls befriended me for simple reason that they wanted me to become their friend. I knew it wasnt exactly the right thing to do but i just thought of being nice for a moment as i wouldnt have to lose much anyway except maybe some of my precious time. It turned out to be not so bad afterall. Since then, i have shared a little piece of me with them and our friendship have grown stronger till now even though most have already gotten married and has started their own families.

When i started working, that was SGV in 2000, there were so many people that i could get close to, but i have preferred to be on own league. Then there was this young, petite and short haired girl who saw the good in the most annoying person that i was. First i was hesitant to deal with her on a personal basis, though we belonged to the same audit team. Since i didn't have a choice as i would have to deal with her most of the time, i let loose of of my inhibitions and soon enough i realized that she was helpful and sweet. Also, i came to realize that friendship transcends the superficial and backgrounds where we came from.

After SGV, i transferred to San Miguel Corp., where i was first assigned at their male dominated sales office in Novaliches. There were only two girls in almost a hundred people working in that compound. Though i could recall how it got started, i became close to one of the ladies there and we would always ate lunch together and chat during idle hours.

When i was transferred to the Head Office on Ortigas, not one, but a handful of talented and charming ladies have become dear to me. Not that i didnt have a choice and they didnt have either, its just that there's something that pull them close to me. I am ridiculously funny and oftenly mentally troubled, but they just didnt see that. Instead, they were very understanding and appreciative.

When i retired from work and decided to go to Dubai. i want expecting my charm to follow me as well. In Dubai, there were not that many people that i could acquainted with, good for me, at least it wont left me shortchanged. When i found a job, i thought thats all i would gonna be busy with. I was surprised when i started going to church and walking through Dubai's busy sidewalks. I learned that there were still many more things to see around and that was all because of one lady that i have met in the office. That once invitation that was preceded by many more walks, talks and story telling.

And there are still many more women, ladies and girls, who in one way or another have become close to me either in the place where i work, where i eat, where i wait, where and through friends' friends. The pull factor that could never be seen always astonishes me. how in the world can they see the bright side in the darkest of my personality. I never wanted to have friends, but when people came to me to befriend me despite my incorrigibility, isn't it something that i should be proud of, or better yet, be thankful for. To be the ladies choice, among the many men, is a chance, i shouldn't miss.

1 comments:

AJ of Sharjah,  June 24, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

Man,

i didnt know how to start/or how to say my msg right and/or my take had since you are very intriguing and one-of-a-kind person..i've met in person..and hey, you're an interesting nice-smiling guy!..and so many outhere, guys, gays or girls wishes to know you all the more.

very well said too!..you're just being you..but as you go along, it pays to be flexible, I mean in terms of your relationship with other people sans your past life..

no man's an island, and life is short..believe me there's more to discover from others..and they're just waiting for you..too.

pls count me as one.:)