Thursday, March 20, 2008

Things Have Changed

They say change is the only permanent thing in the world. It’s quite true; every living things need to undergo inevitable metamorphosis sooner or later. That’s strictly speaking, but non living things are also vulnerable to change. Once, we lived in a one bedroom pawid roofed house, now my entire family is now living in three bedroom concrete house. Before we barely had any appliances inside our house, now we almost have all the conveniences of modern electronic innovations and appliances. Now my neighbors would always complain about the noise produced by my bombastic 6000 watts JVC super DVD Component System.

-0-

July 07, 2007. It was my birthday. I was in Dubai and I was away from family and friends. It was my happiest birthday. Sounds ironic, but for once in my life, I have celebrated my birthday away from hurt, from worries and from consumption. On this day, I pissed off my Jordanian officemates by wearing jeans in the office. There was an outrage and I simply told them to terminate me anytime. I felt so proud. It’s my day and no one should spoil it. After office, we went to a friend’s house in RAS AL KAIMAH. We prepared lots of food and there was videoke till we dropped. Next day, we headed to a crowded beach and we enjoyed the warm waters. It was lots of fun.

-0-

We are known by our names and when we die, ours will do deep into the pit. We will be remembered mostly by our deeds and the non material things that we have left behind – the love that we have shared, the hope that we have given and the kindness that we have shown. All our material possession will be divided accordingly to our heirs, but our generosity and humility will be spread like perfume in the air. Good words linger far longer that our physical existence. It’s a legacy no amount of wealth could be compared with.

-0-

There is a hair thin boundary between insanity and intelligence. Brainiacs have the higher tendency to lose their heads as they have more problems to solve, more expectations to meet and more pressures to bear. Failure is like a spear dig deep into the heart. I am not really a brainiac, but sometimes, I tend to feel the sign. Oftentimes I would find myself talking to myself. Many times I would stare fat at a distance without thinking of anything. Really now, I have lots of worries to attend to and tons of obligations to meet. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day I find myself sharing a room in Mandaluyong City.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

It SEEMS that we only care about the things that make us happy and yet it isnt so .So I ask yahwah why is it and yahwah says you see then you learn.