Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Man Standing

Its been a week since i resigned from work. I have given myself enough time to recuperate from the anxiety of corporate stress. No more feelings of being so worn out and completely overused. Just the same, having so much idle time now, i have come to asses the depth of water that i have dipped myself into, its in the neck. Glad my lung's still breathin', my eyes are still open, my ears still hearin' and my head's still runnin'.

Where am right now? Well, in between yesterday and tommorow, ou in a corssroads of regretable decision and life's opportunities. I am in a middle of huge circle where there's no one around, no arms to hold, no shoulder to cry on, no warmth to feel, nothing. I am now where i have always been.

I deeply saddened by the way things are happening. I am back to zero. I resigned from work, i got a plan and somebody just screwed it up, that easily. I am tired to start over. I feel so weak now and helpless. I want to give up but if i do, i am afraid that they might just found my body floating in a polluted river and that is just a too unglamorous way to die for someone like me. So id rather live.

I have lost everything now, except my will and wit. If they could only be sold, i would have done a long time ago. They always bring me trouble. Though they get me the best jobs, they also ruin it. Sometimes i wish i could have been born dumb, so that i wont have to dream big, meet expectations and assume responsibilities. I could just be me. Truly, expensive gift always comes with a high prize.

Be that as it may, not all are given special gifts. Its not a chance, but a privilege to seize and exploit to make our lives better. It is not given to bring us down but to keep as standing amidst the hard blowing wind and violent storms. As long as we see the positive side and the power of what we have, we will remain grounded and undefeated.

0 comments: