Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Sign

My decision to go back home was never absolute. I was only left with no choice. The will is there but there's no other way. After i resigned from my work, i was put a ban of six months, meaning i could only work legally after that period has transpired. I could still stay but for an empty purpose, just staying in the house, waiting for the day to end, waiting for the ban to be lifted. I could not afford to be just sitting there while i have hungry mouths to feed. Though my friends have always expressed their support to me even to shoulder all my expenses related to tickets, accomodation, meals, etc, i felt it so overwhelming. Suddenly, i felt a little disgrace down my spine.

Having torn between hope and a heavy heart, i asked for some divine intervention. Honestly i could not decide alone. Half of me wanted to stay and the other half wanted me back home. All my friends and family likewise wanted me to stay. I was seeking for someone to understand, if it won't come, maybe the powers beyond time and space would.

The only link between me and my friends, between me and my family and between me and Dubai is my celfone. I used it to text my friends and call to my family. All my job applications and job interviews were coursed through my mobile phone. Without it, i have no means of reaching out and being reached out, i was a frozen popsicle placed under the sun dissolving.

Without any precaution and portent of malfunction, my celfone just went offline on the day i sent applications for part time jobs. It was a horrible feeling as i was expecting replies and confirmations through my celfone and it was suddenly gone. The problem was with the SIM card and it became unreadable by any phone.

0 comments: