Friday, August 3, 2007

Upset, Down and Way Up


It's my 12th day in Dubai and i still haven't amounted to anything. I am beginning to doubt my potentials. I am starting to feel depressed. I am commencing to lose patience. Things are turning to be not as easy as i thought it'd be. The jobs are scarce or could it be that there's just too many looking or it. When i packed my things from Manila, i was thinking of a brezzy and laid back job haunting ahead, now that i am here, i'd say i thought wrong.

I've been sending dozens of emil daiy but to no avail. I would like to think that people here do hardly understand English that's why they keep on ignoring my emails but that's too lame for an excuse. It's a shameful admission, but look like my professional marketability in Manila doesn't guarantee any say right here in the land of dust, dunes and desert.

Pretentious i'l be if i say that i don't feel insecured and bothered. With resources diminishing slowly and time passing even too fast, the urgency to catch up with the limited opportunity rests on my shoulder, and its getting heavier as the days go by.

For a person who knows no defeat, this instance is a source of clear upset and embarrassment. But i am making it clear, i am not giving up. I have not made it this far just to let hope slips through my fingers. I've got the guts, i just need the chance

0 comments: