Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Obituary of Pride

One of my most loved character is pride. So satisfying, he's way better that a real fried chicken. He keeps me company when no one else dares. I'll always have him, so precious he is hard to give up. He defends me when i am in trouble. He keeps my self esteem and assures me that as long as i have him, i would be as distant as the star, as untouched as the wind and as blinding as the sun.

I could not remember how long since when have we been friends together. But i guess since childhood he has been there for me. When ive got no one to show my gold medals to, he applauded for me. When i wasn't invited to a family gathering, he was there to cheer me up. When its my birthday and nobody seemed to remember, he greeted me in ecstasy. When i was sick and nobody seemed to care, he stayed late at night to comfort me. When i was in so much pain, he let his shoulders to cry on. When i was growing up and i simply needed someone to spend time with, he never left my side. Now many people have asked me to abandon him as he is causing me so much distress. But do you think that after all that we have been through, it would be that easy letting him go? If only walls could talk, it would say that i want him more.

This is the awful truth about me and pride. Our tandem has always been ridiculed and misunderstood but i am not giving a damn. I have lost half my life because of him but i have found my whole self knowing him. I have come to know my strengths and weaknesses. I have learned to defend myself and i have found an ever loyal friend who would rush to my side when everything crushes on my feet.

Contrary to popular belief, i don't find it pathetic when i wont always want to be the first to do the step to be with someone or when i would always try to hide my feelings. I don't see it bad when i wont want others to know that i am hurt or when i am afraid to let someone know that shes special. I don't feel half a man if i say that i am afraid to lose someone but also afraid to show it or if i say that i am afraid to love whom i think cant love me back. I don't find it regrettable when i have to lose something without even trying to have it.

I have embraced each and every consequences of having pride for a friend. Like knowledge and honor, it is something that cannot be taken away from me. Seasons may change but our friendship will lasts a lifetime. No matter how many times i would be summoned to drop him from my beloved list, i would never listen. His obituary is the least likely to happen in the immediate future. As of meantime, we go on facing each day with high hopes and renewed spirits.

4 comments:

RJ March 9, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

Ito ba ang sinasabing 'positive side' ng bestfriend nating si Pride? Mahusay at magaling ang iyong pagbibigay-pansin sa 'ugaling' ito na madalas ay minamasama. o",)

Very good, Chico!

michael,  March 9, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

napadaan...

ang tao talga ano sarap na sarap sa pride chicken. di ka nga nya bibitawan kase ayaw mo rin syang bitawan. pero ok lang ang pride wag lang masyadong mataas. baka di na maabot ng iba.

good blogs.

Pol March 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Kaya nga up to now e ganyan ang ugali mo kasi hindi mo mahiwalayan yang asawa mong si PRIDE!!!! :)