Friday, November 7, 2008

I Am Distraction

Before it has morphed into what it is today, these humble pieces and pages of my life has been through a lot. Like an ambitious young man trying to find his niche in the society and a little bird searching for a place to call home, after numerous change in lay-outs, color backgrounds and even the contents, finally, I have landed safely to where I could be more open shared and less ridiculed. This is my blog, this is my life.

Initially, I named my blog "A Rabbit's Hole". I thought the rabbit is the one that most closely resembled my personality as they naturally are ground dwellers and are relatively solitary, silent and nocturnal. Hence, the domain, kunejo.blogspot.com. A rabbit's hole, on the other hand, represents a portal to a bizarre world, to a significantly strange happening or an extremely surreal situation. It is small spot visible only to those who look closer. An amazing tale of a man's journey through joys, adversities, heartaches, triumphs and tragedy await whosever is unlucky enough to fall in its pit.

End of 2007, I changed my blog's name to "Man of Moods", thinking it was more personal less metaphorical. A lot of people actually seconded that nothing could be more appropriate and fitting. That time onwards, all my related posts were tainted mostly with sadness and anchored on the overwhelming re
sponsibilities that I felt was so heavy to bear. It was full of frustrations and when you are frustrated, you feel bad about yourself and everything else. My mind was so unstable and I myself couldn’t agree more, to be called a Man of Moods would actually be an understatement.

September 2008, the storm brewed from the previous year has passed. I was back to circulation. Less worries, was on top of everyone else. When you get what you want, you feel happy and your moods swings less often. I changed my blog's name yet again to "Dude of Distraction". I know it's a little stubborn, proud and pretentious but I just felt I owe myself some self serving compliments. If I don’t believe, who else would?

Distraction, by definition, means an obstacle to attention, something that creates mental confusion and perplexity; a diversion. I may not be that good looking but boy! Many times I have proven that I could actually shake someone else's world. The mystique is unforgiving and oftentimes there would be victims. Not necessarily of love, but of lust, of false hope, of broken promises, of inequity, of pride, of being me. Some distractions come from good packages, pretty faces, beautiful talents, nice cars and sexy bodies, but that which give the greatest agitation and interest are those coming from the unwanted, underrated, unanticipated and unappreciated, the chaka, the queer, the weird, the mysterious, the taong grasa, the santo santito, the uniquely talented, the jologs, the baduys and the extraordinary. Choose how you had been.

I was the Man of Moods that had waited so long in the Rabbit's Hole. Has risen up to take a piece of your time, the Dude of Distraction. What's next?

6 comments:

jhuice,  November 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

finally, naipaliwanag din kung saan nakuha ung "kunejo".. tagal kong inantay ang post na to ha.. grabe!

the pic you inserted, you were smiling.. but when i looked closer, parang teary-eyed ka??

basta, manalig ka.. malapit na!

Luis Batchoy November 6, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

pasensya na pero ang pumapasok sa isip kom tungkol sa kunejo ay ang kanilang pagiging aktibo sa SEX... hehehehe sori ha... tao lang

paperdoll November 6, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

over confident is next. . lol

love it!

ang lakas mo dude. . hehe. . kala co kunejo/playboy. . ang drama pala. .

hindi co talaga masyado naintindihan. . english kasi. . ampf

chico November 7, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

@ luis batchoy

actually, that's the second main reason, pagiging maniac ko, kaya lang di ko masabi kasi wholesome ang blog ko! lol

@ paperdoll

hahaha, after distraction, baka naman destruction..hello. akala mo, ako nag nose bleed nang sinulat ko to.

Chyng November 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

akala ko din playboy eh! ;)

you shouldnt change the name of your blog, might get confusion to your readers dba?

tingin ko lang naman,