Friday, August 15, 2008

The Great Wall

Which is much harder to penetrate? A wall made of bricks or a heart made of stone? A wall made of brick could be easier, once you have made a small crack on its surface, all you have to do is scoop deeper through its porosity and it is broken. A heart made of stone, no matter how hard you try to knock it off, and it just wouldn’t be so long as the person who owns it wouldn’t allow you to do so.

A shielded heart, a guarded faith. There is not too much trust to spend anyways. Walk away. Dance in pride. Ode blatantly. Pretend that life could be as completing as it could be. Care about no one. Forget about love. Forget about friends. Sway in solitude. The sinner the saint. Never stunned. Stoned. Stumbled. Stripped. I am okay. I am fine. Not fired. Not paired. I am single. I am alone.

Life is fair. Life is full. Thought complete. No complain. While I am happy enjoying life at its artificiality, while I am flying high in self veneration, while I am salivating deep in my slumber, suddenly, dramatically, drastically, the shield, the wall, the fort is plagued by fascination, by anticipation, by admiration, by curiosity. The armor is shaken, surprised and turned up side down. The clamor is rising, the request’s pending, the cues’ getting long, hope springs, the damage is potential.

What’s behind the wall? What is inside his heart? Everybody wants to know. Could it be a cursed prince? A hideous beast? A slaved donkey? A magnificent valley? Or an empty room? The taller the wall gets, the tighter the grip gets, all the more people are enthusiastic to explore what is on the other side, what is he protecting with so much care and cautions. It’s a child, a choice. A feeling, a falling, a heart, a heartache….


You came, you call, you cross and you crave. Yes you care, you comfort, you create, you control. It’s irritating, it’s annoying. It’s guilt ridden. It’s forced. You tried, you tripped, you fell, you failed, you loved, and then you left. I am not moving a muscle, I’m on the other side of the wall, I am hugging, hedging and hiding. Walk away.


Try to understand, try not to judge. The wall isn’t built overnight. The wall is my protection, my bastion, my company, my refuge. Written on it are my struggles, my triumphs, my sufferings, my life story. Sure you wouldn’t want to just break it, at once.

0 comments: