Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What I Really Want to Be

I am Certified Public Accountant, not by choice. When I enrolled in college, I was told to take it. Being a poor guy that I was, I reserved no right to complain. Suffice to say, I was lucky enough to chance a school and finish a degree for free. Four years later, I graduated with flying colors, but I wasn't too happy and proud. Another six months later, I passed the board, but I wasn't too excited and surprised. It's not a brag, nor a display of ingratitude. I just want to say that, if I had been given a choice, I would have been someone else, someone closer to my heart, in some place where I belong.

Career frustrations? Yes, but this is not to say that I am not happy being an Accountant. I have also worked hard for it, though it’s not with the best that I could. Being an Accountant has provided for all my needs all these years and somehow it has helped me alleviate my family’s living condition. It has been more than a rewarding career, a passport to thriving jobs and a ticket to better salary. Though many things still need to be done, I know that with what I have, we can survive and live fruitful lives.

0 comments: